Grate the Simply M&S mature Cheddar.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Melt 30g butter in a pan and stir in 30g flour.
- 3 Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the milk and cook, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce.
- 4 Season to taste.
- 5 Stir the frozen fish pie mix into the sauce and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 6 Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, 50g Cheddar and the parsley.
- 7 Spoon into a large 1.2-litre ovenproof dish, or divide among 4 x 300ml dishes.
- 8 Sift the remaining flour into a bowl.
- 9 Cut the remaining butter into cubes and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- 10 Stir in the remaining cheese and oats, and sprinkle evenly over the fish mixture.
- 11 Put the pie or pies on to a baking tray and cook for 35 minutes (25 minutes for individual pies), until the crumble topping is golden.
I cooked this for me and my mum, absolutely gorgeous.. A tad watery however I would not add as much milk as it says. Lovely dish though and will definitely cook it again! 🙌🏻
Cooked for an extra 5 minutes to get a crispy top, loved it.
Very easy to make but would probably use a mash topping instead of the crumb. Found it a bit doughy when eating. Even so a great midweek meal!
Very Easy And Yummy!!!
- Average per serving
- Calories 738.0kCal