For tossing with figs, save a tablespoon of the plain flour. Lightly beat the eggs. Trim and chop into small chunks the fresh ripe fig. Melt the dark chocolate.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180ºC, 160ºC fan, and lightly oil the bundt tin, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- 2 Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3 Add the vanilla to the beaten eggs then add this in stages to the butter mixture, beating to incorporate. Fold in the yogurt.
- 4 Fold in the dry ingredients, toss the figs in the extra flour then gently fold these into the mixture.
- 5 Use a large spoon to put dollops of the mixture into the tin, drizzling the chocolate in between as you go.
- 6 When all the cake mix and chocolate has been added, use a skewer to drag the mixture around to lightly marble the chocolate.
- 7 Level off the top and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until risen and golden and bouncy to the touch.
- 8 Meanwhile, mix all the glaze ingredients together and set aside.
- 9 Allow the cake to cool a bit, remove form the tin and cool fully, spoon over the glaze allowing it to run all down the sides of the cake.
I don't like figs that much but this looks good
What size tin should be used?
- Average per serving
- Calories 435.0kCal