Chop the onions. Chop the garlic cloves. Roughly crush the fennel seeds. Leave some whole leaves to garnish plus tear the basil leaves.
- 1 Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole.
- 2 Add the onion and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 3 Then add the garlic and fennel seeds, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the pork mince and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- 4 Pour in the wine and allow to bubble until reduced by half.
- 5 Add the tomatoes with about ¼ can of water, then stir in the tomato purée; season.
- 6 Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30-40 minutes over a low heat.
- 7 Stir in the basil.
- 8 Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- 9 Drain and divide among 4 serving plates, and top with the ragout.
- 10 Scatter with whole basil leaves and Parmesan shavings, and serve.
Recipe was tasty. I would leave it for max half hour for reducing. Was really yum.
Delicious and quick and easy to make. I firm favourite
This was very easy to make. It did my husband and myself twice and we both really enjoyed it. The only thing I did differently was after the mince etc was cooked through, I then let it simmer for about 20 mins with the lid off to thicken it. Delicious!
Tasty! It's got a twist but doesn't put kids off. Great alternative to spag bol (boring).
Easy and loved by whole family, ages ranging from 7 months - 29 years!
I used sweet chilli sausages instead of the mince and it was delicious. Easy to do and everyone wonders what is in it!
Great midweek meal and so easy to make. Enjoyed using pork mince for the first time and felt it was so much lighter than beef. Delicious! Next time I might add a little chilli powder to give it an extra kick!
- Average per serving
- Calories 593.0kCal