Tear the fresh basil. Zest and juice the lemons. Toast and chop the fennel seed. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Halve the tomatoes, place in a shallow, non-metallic dish and scatter with half the basil. Whisk together the lemon zest and juice, olive oil and honey, then season. Pour over the tomatoes, cover and set aside.
- 2 Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin or meat mallet until about 1cm thick.
- 3 Season the flour and mix with the fennel seeds, then spread on a plate. Put the egg in a shallow dish, and the breadcrumbs plus the Parmesan in another dish.
- 4 Dust the chicken in the flour (shaking off the excess), then coat in the egg, and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- 5 Heat the sunflower oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- 6 Drain on kitchen paper, then slice into strips. Arrange the tomatoes on a serving plate, or divide among 4 plates, and top with the chicken.
- 7 Scatter over the remaining basil leaves to serve.
I loved this dish so refreshing, will add more fennel next time. I can't wait to try the other recipes.
A really tasty dish and a lovely way to serve chicken. We added a bit more honey to the marinade for the tomatoes .