Cut the broccoli into small florets. Mince the garlic cloves. Crush the fennel seeds. Grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Cook pasta according to pack instructions in a large pot.
- 2 2 mins before the end of its cooking time, add the broccoli florets to the pot.
- 3 Drain and cover; reserve the cooking water.
- 4 Heat up the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Add the meatballs and cook until browned all over, and nearly cooked through, then add the crushed fennel seeds and chilli flakes.
- 6 Toss to coat evenly, and cook for a further minute.
- 7 Add the garlic to the pan, then the white wine and 100ml of the cooking water.
- 8 Bring the mix to the boil – then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 2 more minutes.
- 9 Return the drained pasta and broccoli to the large pot over medium-low heat, along with the meatball mix.
- 10 Add a little of the cooking liquid if it needs loosening up, then gently stir in the crème fraiche, parmesan and lemon zest.
- 11 Stir gently, topping up with cooking liquid as necessary.
- 12 Serve immediately, topped with extra grated parmesan.
I used sausages but absolutely delicious
Easy recipe, tastes amazing! Whole family loved it, I used pork and nutmeg sausages as was short for time, still was good