Cut the broccoli into small florets. Mince the garlic cloves. Crush the fennel seeds. Grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Cook pasta according to pack instructions in a large pot.
- 2 2 mins before the end of its cooking time, add the broccoli florets to the pot.
- 3 Drain and cover; reserve the cooking water.
- 4 Heat up the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Add the meatballs and cook until browned all over, and nearly cooked through, then add the crushed fennel seeds and chilli flakes.
- 6 Toss to coat evenly, and cook for a further minute.
- 7 Add the garlic to the pan, then the white wine and 100ml of the cooking water.
- 8 Bring the mix to the boil – then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 2 more minutes.
- 9 Return the drained pasta and broccoli to the large pot over medium-low heat, along with the meatball mix.
- 10 Add a little of the cooking liquid if it needs loosening up, then gently stir in the crème fraiche, parmesan and lemon zest.
- 11 Stir gently, topping up with cooking liquid as necessary.
- 12 Serve immediately, topped with extra grated parmesan.
Quite good but make sure you season the pork or put the fennel and chilli into the pork mince before hand making the meatballs or they taste a bit bland.
Easy recipe, tastes amazing! Whole family loved it, I used pork and nutmeg sausages as was short for time, still was good
I used sausages but absolutely delicious
- Average per serving
- Calories 1049.0kCal