Chop the smoked streaky bacon. Slice the white crusty rolls into 2cm cubes. Chop the iceberg lettuces.
- 1 Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a simmer, then cook for 7 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait for the eggs to cook, and once they’re ready cool rapidly under cold running water and set aside.
- 2 Heat ⅓ of the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon until golden. Remove and set aside on kitchen paper.
- 3 Fry the bread in the bacon fat until golden. Move on to the next step while the bread fries.
- 4 Meanwhile, halve the eggs and put together in a serving bowl with the lettuce and basil.
- 5 Scatter over the bacon and croutons.
- 6 Mix together the mustard, lemon juice and remaining oil, season and pour over the salad just before serving.
- Average per serving
- Calories 444.0kCal