Finely grate the Cheddar cheese. Dice the M&S bacon into small cubes.
And the rest...
- 1 Whisk the eggs in a small bowl with a fork, mix in the grated cheddar cheese and season with a pinch of black pepper.
- 2 Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute less than the packet instructions recommend. Add in the peas for the final couple of minutes to cook through.
- 3 Fry the bacon pieces in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, for about 5 minutes, until they are golden and crisp. Remove the pan from the heat.
- 4 When the pasta and peas are cooked, drain, reserving a ladleful of pasta water. Add the pasta, peas and water to the bacon pan and toss together.
- 5 Pour in the egg and cheese mixture, toss through the pasta and stir for 2 minutes to allow the heat from the pasta to cook the eggs. Serve with a pinch of black pepper.