Cut into approx. 1.5cm chips the Maris Piper potatoes. Remove and retain the leaves from the chopped parsley. Finely chopped, plus 1 tbsp of the brine the jalapenos in brine. Remove and retain the leaves from the chopped coriander.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2 Combine ½ tsp chipotle chilli flakes, 1 tsp sweet paprika and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- 3 Transfer the chips to a baking tray, and toss gently in 2 tbsps olive oil until evenly coated.
- 4 Season with the blended spice mix (to taste), and transfer to oven.
- 5 Bake for 25-30 mins, or until the chips are golden and cooked through.
- 6 Meanwhile prepare the rest.
- 7 To prepare the fish
- 8 Blitz the nachos in a food processor, until you have a breadcrumb consistency
- 9 Transfer to a bowl and stir through ½ tsp sweet paprika and 1 tbsp chopped parsley.
- 10 Season the fish fillets, place on a lined baking tray and top each with a handful of nacho crumb (pressing down slightly to compact the crumb).
- 11 Transfer to the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-15 mins, or until the fish is cooked through.
- 12 To prepare the tartar sauce
- 13 Combine the chopped jalapenos, brine, coriander, and sour cream in a bowl.
- 14 Add a squeeze of lime to taste, and mix well.
- 15 Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 16 To serve, transfer fish and chips to plates, with tartare sauce on the side.
- 17 Great with a watercress salad.