- 1 Preheat oven to 100°C. Slice off the top of the pineapple with a large sharp knife, leaving the bottom on. Cut off the rind lengthwise, keeping the strips even.
- 2 Using a measuring spoon or melon baller scoop out any tough eyes or seeds that remain. Don't worry about creating holes in the pineapple, as this will give you your flowers lacy edges.
- 3 Using a mandolin or sharp knife, slice the pineapple as thinly as possible and pat dry with kitchen paper. Line two large baking trays with grease-proof paper. Lay the slices on to the trays, giving each slice a little room. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- 4 After 30 minutes remove from the oven, flip the slices over and pop them back in the oven for a further 30 minutes.
- 5 When the slices have shrunk a little and dried out, transfer them into a muffin or cupcake tin so that the edges curve upward in the shape of a flower. Turn the oven off and leave the petals to dry further in the oven overnight.
This is my favourite fruit and I've eaten dried pineapple before. It tasted delicious and I hope this does too
- Average per serving
- Calories 41.0kCal