Cut 8 x 1cm soldiers from the Sourdough bread. Finely grate the Parmesan. Slice the Prosciutto in half lengthways. Soften the unsalted butter. Finely grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 To make the soldiers, place the bread on a baking tray.
- 3 Brush with olive oil, sprinkle over the Parmesan, and wrap each soldier in a piece of prosciutto.
- 4 Bake for 10-12 mins until crispy, turning halfway through cooking.
- 5 Meanwhile, lightly grease 4 ramekins with the softened butter.
- 6 In a bowl, combine the cream, Parmesan and truffle oil.
- 7 Season to taste and divide among the ramekins.
- 8 Sit the ramekins on a baking sheet and gently crack 2 eggs into each one.
- 9 Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins until the white is just set and the egg yolks are still runny.
- 10 While the eggs are baking, brush the sage with a little olive oil and put on a baking tray.
- 11 Bake for around 6 mins, until crisp.
- 12 To serve, crumble the sage over the eggs, together with a little extra Parmesan if desired, and accompany with two soldiers per person.