Finely chop the chives.
- 1 Soak the raisins in hot tea or warmed apple juice and allow to steep
- 2 Keeping the cauliflower whole, cut this into wedges around 1” thick, ideally cut away the edges start around 1” in to get bigger rounds of cauliflower
- 3 When you have the cauliflower wedges, set these to one side and chop up the rest as small as possible.
- 4 Heat half of your oil in a medium sized sauce pan and add the chopped cauliflower crumbs. Stir this every couple of minutes. When golden all over, add the Garam masala and cook for a further couple of minutes
- 5 Now add the milk and let this come to a simmer, add this to a blender and blend until smooth, if the cauliflower is cooked through this should happen instantly. Set this aside to keep warm
- 6 Heat the remaining oil and add the steaks of cauliflower and fry these for a few minutes until golden, then turn over and repeat the process, season with salt & pepper and Garam masala
- 7 Transfer to an oven proof dish and cook for around 5-6 minutes to soften the vegetable.
- 8 Now grate the apple, chop the chives and add this to the apple
- 9 To serve spoon the cauliflower puree onto a plate and make a pool of this by spooning it around. Place a steak of cauliflower on top, dress the plates with some of the soaked raisins and place the apple salad in the centre.