Roast the sweet potatoes (2cm diced).
- 1 Place a non stick frying pan on a medium heat and allow this to get hot, add half of the oil & fry the potato for a few minutes to allowing these to colour. After a few minutes add the spice & fry for a further minute
- 2 Now transfer these to an oven proof dish or roasting tray & cook in a pre heated oven at 180oC for 8 – 10 minutes until soft
- 3 Wipe out the pan & place back on a medium heat and add the remaining oil
- 4 Break the eggs into a bowl, season and beat well with a fork
- 5 When the pan is hot, add the spinach and fry this for around 30 seconds
- 6 Add the warm sweet potato and the beaten eggs, stir this for a couple of minutes, scrape around the outside of the pan with a spatula until the eggs begin to hold their shape & texture around the edges
- 7 Now place this in the oven and cook for a further 8 minutes
I'm a novice when it comes to frittatas but this did not work for me. Whatever you do, DO NOT add the eggs to a hot pan and stir...very silly advice!
Jessica Lucy Tresadern
The recipe was a tad confusing with regards to the necessity of pre-cooking the potatoes, but otherwise a quick and easy dish! I think I would add a variety of spices next time, as the one flavour throughout became a bit much. A good basic recipe which I will adapt in future!
Sweet potatoes are lovely in frittatas
Clear recipe simple ingredients tasty quick nutritious supper
I found this recipe easy to follow and really quick to make, perfect for tea or lunch in a hurry. I would add more seasoning. Also, the size of the pan would be helpful to ensure a thick enough frittata.
Recipe is difficult to follow. Does it mean sweet potatoes have to be roasted first? How is this to be done? Do potatoes have to be cubed? Or sliced? Needs to be far more detailed.
- Average per serving
- Calories 230.0kCal