Separate the leaves and stalks of the thyme or rosemary and discard of the stalks.
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- 2 Peel the potatoes and cut each into large, even-sized pieces (halves or quarters, depending on size of potatoes).
- 3 Place the potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with water and add a pinch of salt.
- 4 Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat slightly and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until a sharp knife pierces the potatoes with some resistance.
- 5 As the potatoes are cooking, pour oil into the roasting pan to heat up in the oven.
- 6 Drain the potatoes in a colander, shaking the colander a bit as you go (this will rough up the edges, to give a nice crisp finish).
- 7 Carefully add the potatoes to the roasting tray, along with the garlic cloves (spreading them around so they are evenly covered).
- 8 Roast for 20 mins.
- 9 Remove the tray from the oven long enough to move and turn the potatoes around (so they evenly cook).
- 10 Return tray to the oven and roast for a further 20 mins, or until the potatoes are crispy and golden. (You may want to turn them one more time.)
- 11 Scatter the fresh herbs, salt and pepper to season, and serve immediately.
Great recipe! Nothing was left after dinner!
- Average per serving
- Calories 212.0kCal