Melt and cool the butter. Trim and wash the baby leeks. Crush the garlic cloves. Chop the thyme leaves. Cut into 8 the Taleggio or Camembert.
- 1 Put the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Break the egg into the well and whisk, gradually adding the milk as you do so. The batter should be smooth and about the thickness of double cream. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- 2 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Put the leeks in a roasting tin. Scatter over the garlic, oil and thyme. Add a splash of water and cover with foil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until tender.
- 3 Stir half the melted butter into the crêpe batter. Heat a non-stick 22cm diameter frying pan, and add a little of the remaining melted butter. Pour in a ladleful of the batter and swirl around to coat the base of the pan.
- 4 Cook for 1-2 minutes, until golden, then flip the crêpe over and cook for another minute. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 crêpes.
- 5 Place a slice of ham, a piece of cheese and 2 leeks on each crêpe, then roll up to enclose. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm through. Drizzle over the pesto before serving.
Really nice try IT !!!!
Really nice, made these for pancake day :) I couldn't find the mini leeks, even in mands, but 1 1/2 normal sized leeks cut in half worked well. Also, the ladle was a bit optimistic for 8 crepes (though it would depend on your utensil size) I made 4 large ones with 4 ladelfuls. Overall though, very nice and easy to make