Peel and thinly slice the Maris Piper potatoes. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Drain and finely chop the anchovy fillets in oil. Grate the Gruyère cheese.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Arrange a third of the potatoes in a large ovenproof dish, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle half of the garlic and half of the anchovies over the potatoes. Season well.
- 3 Repeat the layers, finishing with a final layer of potatoes.
- 4 In a jug, mix together the cream and wine. Pour over the potatoes, cover tightly with foil and put in the oven for 1 hour 25 minutes.
- 5 Remove the foil from the potatoes, sprinkle with the cheese and bake for a further 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Average per serving
- Calories 522.0kCal