Zest and juice the lemons. Coarsely grate the courgettes.
- 1 Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted water for 10 minutes or until al dente. Move on to step 3 while you wait, then come back to this step when the spaghetti is ready.
- 2 Drain, reserving a couple of tablespoons of cooking water in a small bowl; set aside. Return the pasta to the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- 3 Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans in a small pan of boiling water for 1 minute.
- 4 Drain and slip the broad beans out of their skins (optional).
- 5 Heat half of the oil in a sauté pan, add the courgettes, beans, chilli flakes and seasoning, and fry for 2 minutes.
- 6 Spoon the soft cheese and half the lemon zest and juice into the pan; heat through, stirring. Add some of the reserved water to loosen the consistency.
- 7 Add the spaghetti and toss well to coat with the sauce.
- 8 Season and add the remaining lemon juice and zest to taste.
Quick and easy.
Really enjoyed this and so did my extremely fussy husband! Added bacon and it was delicious. Will definitely be making again!
Loved this, it's very different and tastes almost refreshing. Easy to do except grating the courgettes definitely worth doing
gorgeous taste and very easy to make, nice and simple dish
I loved this dish! Nice to have something a little different, my partner really enjoyed it too. The lemon isn't too strong either which is great.
I really enjoyed this, shame my husband didn't!
Really easy and quick to make. Made mine with peas instead of broadbeans, used one fresh red chilli and added some parmesan before serving. Tasted really fresh but felt it was missing something like garlic or onion?
I made this and served it with salmon that I had grilled, topped with green pesto.. The spaghetti dish was very light & tasty and went perfectly with the salmon.