Finely chop the garlic cloves. Score the fat of the pork belly. Grate the root ginger.
- 1 Heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas 3 (140°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Place the pork in a roasting tin, rub seasoning into the scored fat and roast for 2.5 hours. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, trim the rhubarb and cut into 5cm lengths. Arrange in a single layer in a shallow roasting tin.
- 4 Scatter over the garlic and ginger, then drizzle over the honey and vinegar.
- 5 When the time is right, season and cook for 30-40 minutes until just tender, so that the rhubarb will finish cooking a few minutes after the pork.
- 6 When the pork is cooked, leave to rest for 10 minutes, then serve together with the rhubarb.
Disappointly awful compared to some of the other recipes on here. The rhubarb is almost inedible. Avoid!