Finely grate the Parmesan cheese. Separate the eggs. Chop the fresh chive.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens). Butter 6 x 200ml ramekins and dust the insides with the Parmesan, shaking out any excess.
- 2 Melt the butter in a small saucepan, stir in the flour and cook over a gentle heat for 2 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring well between each addition, until smooth. Return to the heat and cook for 1 minute.
- 4 Remove from the heat, stir in the nutmeg and season.
- 5 Set aside to cool slightly, then beat in the egg yolks and fold in the chopped chives and crab meat.
- 6 In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold one quarter into the crab mixture to loosen it, then gently fold in the rest.
- 7 Divide the mixture among the ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden. Serve straight away.
- Average per serving
- Calories 150.0kCal