Chop the onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Peel, deseed and dice the tomatoes. Chop the flat-leaf parsley. Chop the fresh mint.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Halve the courgettes lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds from the centre and discard.
- 3 Brush the courgette skins with half the olive oil and sit them cut-side up in a shallow roasting tin. Season and roast for 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- 5 Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 6 Add the mince and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to break up any clumps of meat, until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- 7 Sprinkle over the cinnamon, cook for a further minute, then remove from the heat and season.
- 8 Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, mint and two thirds of the breadcrumbs.
- 9 Spoon the spicy lamb mixture into the courgettes and sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden.
Made with turkey as people I was cooking for didn't like lamb, was really delicious, went down well.
Tasted good, easy to do and different. The lamb was quite crumbly but I didn't add the breadcrumbs. Good for dinner party
The lamb mixture was very dry and I had to add stock to make the lamb mixture moist. Sounded promising but I won't make again.
Very tasty, tried these a couple of times, easy to prepare ahead.
Tasty and very satisfying knowing that they are healthy too