Chop the onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Peel, deseed and dice the tomatoes. Chop the flat-leaf parsley. Chop the fresh mint.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Halve the courgettes lengthways and, using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds from the centre and discard.
- 3 Brush the courgette skins with half the olive oil and sit them cut-side up in a shallow roasting tin. Season and roast for 20 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- 5 Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 6 Add the mince and cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly to break up any clumps of meat, until browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- 7 Sprinkle over the cinnamon, cook for a further minute, then remove from the heat and season.
- 8 Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, mint and two thirds of the breadcrumbs.
- 9 Spoon the spicy lamb mixture into the courgettes and sprinkle over the remaining breadcrumbs. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the breadcrumbs are golden.
Mmmm... best courgette meal I have had. Very tasty and easy to make. Would definitely recommend for those who want a healthy lifestyle
Very tasty and easy to make. Had far too much lamb for the size courgettes we had but used the leftover lamb on some courgetti!
Made with turkey as people I was cooking for didn't like lamb, was really delicious, went down well.
Tasted good, easy to do and different. The lamb was quite crumbly but I didn't add the breadcrumbs. Good for dinner party
The lamb mixture was very dry and I had to add stock to make the lamb mixture moist. Sounded promising but I won't make again.
Very tasty, tried these a couple of times, easy to prepare ahead.
Tasty and very satisfying knowing that they are healthy too
- Average per serving
- Calories 335.0kCal