Split the vanilla pods.
- 1 Put the coffee in a screw-top jar with 800ml cold water and stir well.
- 2 Put the lid on and set aside for 24 hours.
- 3 Strain the coffee through a sieve and discard the coffee grounds.
- 4 Line the sieve with a piece of muslin and strain the coffee again.
- 5 Put the cream in a small pan.
- 6 Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pods and add to the cream, along with the pods.
- 7 Bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.
- 8 Strain into a jug and whisk in the milk and maple syrup.
- 9 Fill a glass with ice cubes pour in the coffee until two-thirds full.
- 10 Top up with the cream mixture and serve.