Dice the red peppers.
- 1 Cook the potatoes in salted water and once tender, drain, allow to steam and then turn into mash with the milk, add the miso paste to this and set aside
- 2 At the same time, heat a heavy based frying pan and add the ground nut oil, fry the cod for around 2-3 minutes and then turn over for the same. After this time, remove from the pan and set aside.
- 3 Wipe the pan and then addition a little more oil, fry the diced peppers for around 2 minutes or until soft.
- 4 When the peppers are soft, add the stock, when this boils, add the lettuce and then the peas , let this simmer for 2 minutes turn off the heat add the soy sauce.
- 5 To serve place a small mound of mash in a bowl, spoon the vegetable garnish and some broth into the bowl and place the cod on top
We were surprised at just how nice this was, had been a bit dubious after reading ingredients! It's healthy comfort food, and really quick and easy to make.
Changed fish to Loch Trout and used veg stock, flavours were delicious, sweet, salty yet savoury and fresh. Highly recommend! (Sweet miso paste is rather pricey though, £4.10/250g)
This is great, so quick with minimal ingredients so not pricey! Such a good weekday meal but seasoning is minimal, some subtle spices could easily increase favouring though!
Quick and easy, good for a weekday Seasoning a bit bland, basically just soy flavour, but could tinker with that.
Really tasty meal, first experience of hot lettuce was a bit dubious but was delicious - really recommend this meal