Reserving the fronds to garnish, thinly slice the fennel bulbs. Slice the red onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Juice the clementines. To serve, slice into discs the clementines. Squeeze the lemons.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Combine the marinade ingredients in a non-metallic bowl.
- 3 Add the chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- 4 Leave to marinate for 30 minutes, if you have time.
- 5 Place the fennel, onion, garlic and thyme in a roasting dish with the chicken and marinade, then add the stock.
- 6 Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 7 Gently mix in the peas, then return to the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
- 8 Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to hot and quickly press the clementine discs on to the surface for ½-1 minute until they caramelise on one side. Remove with a fish slice, and use to garnish the chicken dish, with the fennel fronds.
- 9 Add a squeeze of lemon and serve with salad or potatoes.
Very badly written instructions, my understanding if marinade is olive oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice. Anyone else agree?
Recipe poorly written, no mention of sealing and browning the chicken. Follow Mikes recipe below instead!
I agree very badly written, please make clear which ingredients form marinades/sauces and which are main ingredients. Having said that - it's very tasty once you've messed around work on it all out!
This recipe is very badly written, which items form the marinade?
A poorly written recipe. Very little detail for someone who isn't well versed in cookery. Here's what I did: 1) Fry and seal the Chicken thighs with some seasoning. 2) Slice the clementines into small slices and add the slices with red onions wedges, thyme, Dijon mustard and garlic, and leave to simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes with a lid. 3) Afterwards transfer the stock and all the contents of the frying pan to an oven tray. Add the peas and oven for 40 mins on around 220/200 fan.