Roughly chop the streaky bacon. Roughly chop the onions. Thinly slice the carrots. Slice the celery. Peel and cut the large potatoes into small cubes. Drain and rinse the tinned butterbeans. Chop the fresh parsley.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the bacon for a few minutes.
- 2 Add the vegetables, stir well, turn the heat down to low, cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- 3 Add the tomatoes and hot stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are well cooked.
- 4 Add the butter beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- 5 Season, stir in the parsley and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately with bread.
- Average per serving
- Calories 235.0kCal