Beat the medium eggs. Zest the lemons.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 220’c / fan 180’C / gas 6. Lightly grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 2 Set aside 50g flour. Sift remaining flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the M&S Christmas spice blend, sugar, baking powder, cranberries and lemon zest.
- 3 Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and using a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together. Form a soft, wet dough by mixing in half the milk. Please note that you may not require all the milk to do this.
- 4 Sprinkle most of the remaining flour onto a clean work surface, tip out the dough and work with a little flour to make it smooth and pliable.
- 5 Pat or roll out to a 2.5cm thickness then using a 7cm cutter, press out, on a floured surface (Use a 5cm (2inch) pastry cutter stamp for smaller rounds.) Work any remaining dough again to press out the remaining scones. Brush the tops with a little milk
- 6 Bake for about 15 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool then split and spread with our brandy clotted cream and mulled berry conserve.
These were lovely!
These are easy to make scones with a Christmas twist - really yummy!
I love your scones.