Beat the medium eggs. Zest the lemons.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 220’c / fan 180’C / gas 6. Lightly grease and flour a baking sheet.
- 2 Set aside 50g flour. Sift remaining flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the M&S Christmas spice blend, sugar, baking powder, cranberries and lemon zest.
- 3 Make a well in the centre, add the eggs and using a wooden spoon, mix all the ingredients together. Form a soft, wet dough by mixing in half the milk. Please note that you may not require all the milk to do this.
- 4 Sprinkle most of the remaining flour onto a clean work surface, tip out the dough and work with a little flour to make it smooth and pliable.
- 5 Pat or roll out to a 2.5cm thickness then using a 7cm cutter, press out, on a floured surface (Use a 5cm (2inch) pastry cutter stamp for smaller rounds.) Work any remaining dough again to press out the remaining scones. Brush the tops with a little milk
- 6 Bake for about 15 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool then split and spread with our brandy clotted cream and mulled berry conserve.
I love your scones.
These are easy to make scones with a Christmas twist - really yummy!
These were lovely!