- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- 3 Beat together the sugar and butter, then stir in the egg. Add the flour, baking powder and spice mix, then stir in the mixed fruit.
- 4 Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out about 20 cookies using star-shaped cutters.
- 5 Place on the lined baking trays and bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
- 6 Leave to cool completely on a wire rack, then dust with icing sugar.
I tried it out and it worked perfectly. I recommend It to people who want a quick easy cookie.
No problems with this needed to go in fridge before rolling out. Don't cook for too long.
Mrs Sue Sturt
Christmas Cookie I attempted this recipe according to the method given, and ended up with a cake mixture that could not be rolled out on a board. In desperation I put the mixture into a tray bake tin. But it turned out very sweet and very hard. After £2.50 spent on special spice, it ended up in the bin. Was the method wrong, or the ratio of ingredients. Your comments would be appreciated. Sue Sturt
Through trial and error I have discovered, that since the biscuits spread to almost three times their size and therefore become shapeless in the oven, that it is best to bake small sheets and cut your shape out whilst they are still hot out the oven. Very tasty, if malformed, biscuits however.