Thickly slice the panettone. Make sure the butter is at room temperature. Crumble the Christmas pudding.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Cut the panettone slices into triangles, then butter each one and layer in one 2-litre buttered ovenproof dish per one pudding.
- 3 Scatter the Christmas pudding evenly among the panettone.
- 4 Whisk the eggs with the caster sugar, cream and milk in a jug. Add the vanilla extract.
- 5 Pour the egg mixture evenly over the panettone and Christmas pudding. Chill until ready to bake.
- 6 Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the pudding.
- 7 Sit the dish in a roasting tin and pour enough hot water into the tin to reach halfway up the dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the custard is just set around the edges and the pudding is golden.
- 8 Set aside for 10 minutes. Serve with cream.
- Average per serving
- Calories 670.0kCal