Break the 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate into pieces. Halve, pit and peel the Peruvian Hass avocado.
- 1 Put the chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
- 2 Heat the cream in a saucepan until almost boiling, then pour it over the chocolate.
- 3 Leave to stand for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 4 Stir the chocolate and cream mixture until smooth.
- 5 Cool for 5 more minutes.
- 6 Meanwhile, set aside a small amount of avocado for decoration, then puree the rest using a hand-held stick blender, or mash well with a fork until smooth.
- 7 Stir it through the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 8 Wrap and chill the reserved avocado.
- 9 Put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
- 10 Make sure it’s super-clean, as traces of grease would prevent the egg whites from whisking (as would egg yolk).
- 11 Whisk to soft peaks using a hand-held electric mixer, then add the caster sugar and whisk for a few more seconds until glossy.
- 12 Fold about a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a large metal spoon to loosen it, then fold in the remainder.
- 13 Share between 6 serving glasses and chill until ready to serve.
- 14 Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before eating, so that it’s not too cold.
- 15 Decorate with thin slices of the reserved avocado, chopped pistachio nuts and grated chocolate.
Delicious and healthy. Would prepare again and easy to make. Did make far more than needed.
A Stunning combination of flavours - love it!
Tastes lovely I didn't have a ripe enough avocado so I just used chocolate alone but still lovely!!!
- Average per serving
- Calories 467.0kCal