Break up the extra-fine dark Swiss chocolate. Soften the unsalted butter.
For the Cupcakes
For the Topping
And the rest...
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens). Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- 2 To make the cupcakes, gently melt the chocolate in a bowl, either over simmering water or in the microwave.
- 3 Beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- 4 Add the eggs, one at a time, along with a spoonful of flour.
- 5 Mix in the remaining flour, soured cream and melted chocolate, until combined.
- 6 Divide among the muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes, until risen and just firm to the touch.
- 7 Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- 8 For the topping, melt the chocolate as before, then leave to cool for around 2 minutes.
- 9 Spread a generous dollop of the salted caramel sauce over the top of each cupcake, then swirl with melted chocolate.
- 10 Sprinkle with a little salt.
- 11 Leave for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
Such a good recipe easy for birthday parties.
So easy to make and taste yummy
- Average per serving
- Calories 400.0kCal