Halve the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the red chillis. Finely chop the dried mixed herbs.
And the rest...
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, in a roasting tin. Tuck in the garlic and thyme, and sprinkle over the oil, vinegar, sugar and seasoning. Roast for 45 minutes, until tender.
- 3 Discard the thyme sprigs, then remove the garlic and squeeze the flesh from the skins. Put in a food processor with the tomatoes, stock and any pan juices, and whizz to a purée.
- 4 Rub the mixture through a sieve over a bowl. Cover, leave to cool, then chill for 4 hours.
For the Chilli Cubes
- 5 Mix together the chopped chilli and herbs, and spoon into 12 small or 8 large ice cube trays.
- 6 Top up with water and place in a freezer for 2-3 hours, until frozen.
- 7 To serve, ladle the chilled soup into 4 serving bowls, add 2 or 3 ice cubes to each bowl and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Average per serving
- Calories 112.0kCal