Peel the garlic cloves. Chop the onions. Finely chop the leaves of the tarragon. Halve the little gem lettuces.
- 1 Put the chicken in a large pot and pour in water to cover it by 2.5cm. Add the garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- 2 Bring to the boil (removing any scum from the surface), then simmer for 1 hour 20 minutes or until cooked.
- 3 Remove the chicken from the pot, keeping the broth. Cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan and cook the onion until soft.
- 5 Add the flour, cook for a further minute, then stir in 85ml broth per person.
- 6 Add the tarragon, peas and lettuce; season. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes, turning the lettuces halfway, until just tender.
- 7 Slice the chicken.
- 8 Divide the lettuce and peas among bowls and top with the chicken slices.
- Average per serving
- Calories 235.0kCal