Crush the garlic cloves. Cut into slices the mozzarella. Slice the ripe tomatoes. Juice the lemons.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a flame-proof shallow casserole.
- 3 Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and fry for 3-4 mins on one side, until golden.
- 4 Turn the chicken over and add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- 5 Fry with the chicken for 2-3 mins, until lightly blistered.
- 6 Stir through the garlic and remove from the heat.
- 7 Turn the chicken over again and sprinkle it with the chilli flakes.
- 8 Spread a quarter of the pesto onto each chicken breast, and top with the sliced mozzarella and tomato.
- 9 Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake for 18-20 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and the top is golden and melted.
- 10 Scatter with the basil leaves, drizzle over the lemon juice, and serve with baby spinach and rocket.
Tasty...Had with garlic bread
- Average per serving
- Calories 343.0kCal