Zest the lemons. Cut the streaky bacon into pieces. Tear the garlic breads into large pieces. Thinly slice the red onions. Snip the cress. Zest and juice the lemons. Crush the garlic cloves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C / 425°C/ gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Rub the chicken breasts with oil, lemon zest and herbs. Season well, then arrange on a shallow roasting tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 3 Add the bacon and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes – or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- 4 Slice the chicken and set aside.
- 5 Scatter the torn garlic bread over a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until crisp. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 6 Meanwhile, place the red onion in a bowl, pour over boiling water and leave for 5 minutes before draining and rinsing.
- 7 Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Season and set aside.
- 8 Separate the lettuce into leaves and put in a large bowl with the cress, garlic bread croutons, onion, chicken and bacon, and toss together.
- 9 Drizzle over the dressing to serve.