Crush the fennel seeds. Crush the garlic clove. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Seed and cut into quarters the red peppers. Thinly slice the banana shallots. Separate the leaves of the little gem lettuces.
- 1 Mix together the fennel seeds, lemon zest, half the garlic, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover, then leave in the fridge for 1 hour (or overnight).
- 3 Heat the oven to 220°/200° fan/gas 7.
- 4 Put the peppers on a baking tray, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook for 30-35 mins.
- 5 Put in a bowl and cover. Rest for 20 mins.
- 6 Meanwhile make a marinade. Mix the vinegar, remaining olive oil and remaining garlic. Season.
- 7 Peel the peppers and cut into strips. Return to the bowl, add the shallot and stir in the marinade.
- 8 Cover, then chill for 1 hour (or overnight).
- 9 Heat the oven to 220°/200° fan/gas 7.
- 10 Put the chicken on a baking tray and cook for 20-30 mins.
- 11 Rest for 5 mins, while you warm the bread in the oven.
- 12 Slice the bread in half lengthways and spread with aioli.
- 13 Fill with the lettuce, peppers and chicken.
- 14 Cut into 6-8 sliders, securing each with a toothpick. Serve immediately
- Average per serving
- Calories 356.0kCal