Grate the mature Cheddar.
- 1 Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the onion seeds. Move them around the pan for 1 minute, until they produce an oniony aroma. Set aside.
- 2 Tip the bread mix into a large bowl. Stir in three-quarters of the cheese, two-thirds of the onion seeds and the lukewarm water. Mix to form a ball of dough.
- 3 Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until soft and elastic.
- 4 Shape into rolls, then put on oiled baking sheets, well apart.
- 5 With a knife, slash the tops of the rolls.
- 6 Loosely cover each sheet with lightly oiled cling-film and leave in a warm place for 40 minutes, until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- 7 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 8 Once the rolls have risen, scatter them with the reserved cheese and onion seeds.
- 9 Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and hollow-sounding when tapped underneath.
Tried this works well, easy to change.
- Average per serving
- Calories 200.0kCal