Finely chop the garlic cloves. Grate and juice the limes. Finely chop the red onions. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis.
- 1 Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper and bash with a rolling pin until about 2cm thick.
- 2 Place in a shallow dish and add 2 tbsp of the oil, garlic, lime zest and three-quarters of the juice.
- 3 Mix well, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 4 To make the salsa, roughly chop the blueberries and put in a bowl with the onion, chilli, coriander, cumin, remaining oil and lime juice, and seasoning.
- 5 Mix well and set aside for 20 minutes, to allow the flavours to develop.
- 6 Heat a griddle pan until hot.
- 7 Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through.
- 8 Transfer to four plates and add the salsa. Serve with rocket leaves.
Just tried this recipe! Wow, I love it. The blueberry salsa really works well and adds a tangy sweetness that really works well with the other ingredients! 5 star!
Perfect! Kids and adults loved it - chicken will take longer than 2 mins per side to griddle though!
Deceptively beautiful despite - or perhaps because of - its simplicity.