Grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- 3 Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- 4 Remove using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 5 Add the gnocchi to the hot water and boil for 3 minutes.
- 6 Add the spinach for the final 30 seconds of cooking, allowing it just to briefly wilt.
- 7 Drain and return to the pan with three-quarters of the blanched cauliflower, and gently stir through the crème fraîche and nutmeg.
- 8 Season with black pepper and a little salt.
- 9 Transfer the mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish and top with the reserved cauliflower.
- 10 Scatter with Parmesan and cook, covered, in the oven for 20 minutes, until the sauce
- 11 is bubbling and the Parmesan is golden.
- 12 Remove from the oven and serve.
Being vegan I tweaked this recipe by taking out the crime fraiche and adding a white sauce made with soya milk instead and sprinkled with vegan Parmesan . A very warming and hearty dish.
Lovely with a couple of tweaks. Put Parmesan in the sauce as well as on top after reading previous review describing it as a bit bland. Added broccoli too as had it to use up - worked well. Would try with chilli flakes next time. Definitely making again!
Found it quite bland, needed something