Grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- 3 Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- 4 Remove using a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 5 Add the gnocchi to the hot water and boil for 3 minutes.
- 6 Add the spinach for the final 30 seconds of cooking, allowing it just to briefly wilt.
- 7 Drain and return to the pan with three-quarters of the blanched cauliflower, and gently stir through the crème fraîche and nutmeg.
- 8 Season with black pepper and a little salt.
- 9 Transfer the mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish and top with the reserved cauliflower.
- 10 Scatter with Parmesan and cook, covered, in the oven for 20 minutes, until the sauce
- 11 is bubbling and the Parmesan is golden.
- 12 Remove from the oven and serve.
I was quite surprised how tasty this was. I too added Parmesan to the sauce, and also cooked it longer by about 10mins to make sure it was crispy and thickened. My wife is very critical and really quite enjoyed it, as did the little nine month old (no salt added!). Super easy cooking.
Being vegan I tweaked this recipe by taking out the crime fraiche and adding a white sauce made with soya milk instead and sprinkled with vegan Parmesan . A very warming and hearty dish.
Lovely with a couple of tweaks. Put Parmesan in the sauce as well as on top after reading previous review describing it as a bit bland. Added broccoli too as had it to use up - worked well. Would try with chilli flakes next time. Definitely making again!
Found it quite bland, needed something
- Average per serving
- Calories 447.0kCal