Peel, quarter, core then thickly slice the large Conference pears.
- 1 Heat the butter in a large, non-stick frying pan until foaming. Add the pears and cook for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- 2 Sprinkle in the sugar and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the pears start to caramelise. Season with lots of black pepper, then remove the pears from the pan.
- 3 Pour in the balsamic vinegar and allow to bubble for 1 minute, stirring, then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- 4 Divide the spinach between 4 serving plates and scatter over the goats’ cheese and walnuts.
- 5 Arrange the caramelised pears on top, sprinkle over the parsley and drizzle with the dressing to serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 375.0kCal