Wash and remove the core, chop leaves the Romaine heart lettuce heads. Finely grate the Cornish Cove cheddar cheese.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°c/180°c fan/ gas mark 6.
- 2 Place the lardons onto a small rimmed baking tray and place into the oven for 27 minutes along with the Cajun chicken breasts. Remove them from the oven and allow to rest.
- 3 Make the dressing by mixing 30g of finely grated cheddar with the garlic mayo.
- 4 Add any resting juices from the chicken then add a tbsp of water to the chicken roasting tray to deglaze all of the roasting juices and spices. Then add this to the dressing along with a good pinch of ground black pepper.
- 5 Cut the cooked chicken into 1 cm slices.
- 6 In a large bowl add the cut leaves, all the dressing, half the crispy bacon, half the sliced chicken and the croutons. Mix well so all of the leaf, croutons and chicken is coated in the sauce.
- 7 Serve with the remaining chicken and bacon and the remaining cheddar grated over the top.