Chop the parsley leaves. Drain the capers. Juice the lemons. Drain the canned butterbeans. Chop the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the onions.
- 1 In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- 2 Add the onion and cook until soft, but not coloured.
- 3 Add the garlic and fry until fragrant, then add the butter beans and stock.
- 4 Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and cook gently for 5 mins. Leave to cool.
- 5 In a food processor, blitz the cooled bean mixture and anchovies with a pinch of salt until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- 6 Add a splash of water or stock if the dip is still thicker than you’d like.
- 7 Put in a bowl and top with the capers and parsley.
- 8 Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Average per serving
- Calories 129.0kCal