Roughly chop the onions. Chop the garlic cloves. Drain the tinned butterbeans. Juice the lemons. Drain the capers. Discard the stalks and chop the parsley.
- 1 In a saucepan garlic and fry until fragrant, and then stir in the butter beans and stock.
- 2 Bring to a boil then reduce the heat, and, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
- 3 Add the onion and cook until soft, but not coloured.
- 4 Add the cook gently for 5 mins. Leave to cool.
- 5 In a food processor, blitz the cooled bean mixture and anchovies with a pinch of salt until smooth.
- 6 Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
- 7 Add a splash of water or stock if the dip is still thicker than you’d like.
- 8 Put in a bowl and top with the capers and parsley.
- 9 Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.