Grate and squeeze the courgettes. Finely chop the shallots. Finely grate the ginger. Deseed and finely chop the green chillis. Chop the coriander. Zest and juice the limes. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Whizz the broccoli in a large food processor until finely chopped.
- 2 Tip into a large bowl and add the courgette, shallots, ginger, chilli, coriander (keep a handful back for the avocado dip) and lime zest. Add the flour and eggs, and season.
- 3 Mix until you have a sticky batter.
- 4 Heat the oven to 140°C/120°C fan/gas 1.
- 5 Shape the batter into small patties (use about 2 tbsp batter for each one).
- 6 Wipe a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat.
- 7 Cook the patties in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden, adding more oil if needed. Keep them warm on a baking tray in the oven while you fry the rest.
- 8 Meanwhile, make the dip by whizzing together the avocados, lime juice and remaining coriander in a small food processor.
- 9 Stack two fritters on each plate and serve with the dip and a lemon wedge, if you like.
These were disgusting. Took ages to prepare, looked tasty, but really really didn’t taste nice. Added loads of hot pepper sauce in attempt to make palatable. Yuk!
Very tasty, will make them again, be generous with seasoning
Tasty combination of flavours, bind together well and cook easily, although preparation time is quite lengthy but that's identified in the recipe. I'd definitely make them again.
Nice and zingy! Make sure to season well, they need plenty of salt. A bit of a time consuming business preparing everything but then quick to cook and very tasty.
Loved them!!! Very easy to make and could just serve with a lime/yoghurt dressing if you don't want the avocado!!
Surprisingly good!! Took some time to prepare it but family loved it. :). Will be doing it again. (Would rate 5 stars but just for time wise)..
- Average per serving
- Calories 244.0kCal