Chop the broccoli. Thinly slice the onions. Thinly slice the spring onions. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- 1 Place a medium sized pan onto a low to medium heat, add the chopped onion and garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- 2 Cover the pan with a lid and cook slowly so the ingredients soften, this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- 3 Add the broccoli and spring onions and cover with a lid.
- 4 Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, then pour over the hot chicken stock.
- 5 Cover the pan with a lid and bring to the simmer, then remove the lid, add the cream and cook for five minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- 6 Add the Blue Stilton and place the soup into a blender until coarsely pureed.
- 7 Serve with additional cheese crumbled into the soup
Broccoli and Blue Stilton Soup As usual you can rely on M&S to give you and excellent recipe. The full instructions are there, Patricia obviously didn’t open the full screen option. No need to cook onions in oil or stock. I followed the recipe to the letter and my soup turned out perfect. Thick and very flavoursome. Would definately make again and recommend to any body to make. Will be making for a dinner party in a couple of weeks.
Broccoli & Stilton soup Easy enough to prepare and cook. But some instructions missing, the first part said add the onions and garlic to the pan and cook until soft...... did not mention what to cook them in .. oil or chicken stock just at to guess. Part instructions as you went along but it turned out alright in the end.
Classic. Love it.
Again, where's the calorie counter?
The quantity multiplier is so useful, I wanted to make 20 portions. Great!
Made the Broccoli and Stilton soup but used veg stock as I'm a veggie and it was absolutely lovely, will definitely make again.
healthy and delicious soup
Really tasty soup. Easy to make. Good for using up uneaten Christmas cheese.
Simple and easy to follow. Flavour is balanced really well
Lovely soup for dinner party.