Chop the broccoli. Thinly slice the onions. Thinly slice the spring onions. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- 1 Place a medium sized pan onto a low to medium heat, add the chopped onion and garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- 2 Cover the pan with a lid and cook slowly so the ingredients soften, this will take approximately 5 minutes.
- 3 Add the broccoli and spring onions and cover with a lid.
- 4 Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, then pour over the hot chicken stock.
- 5 Cover the pan with a lid and bring to the simmer, then remove the lid, add the cream and cook for five minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- 6 Add the Blue Stilton and place the soup into a blender until coarsely pureed.
- 7 Serve with additional cheese crumbled into the soup
Classic. Love it.
Again, where's the calorie counter?
The quantity multiplier is so useful, I wanted to make 20 portions. Great!
Made the Broccoli and Stilton soup but used veg stock as I'm a veggie and it was absolutely lovely, will definitely make again.
healthy and delicious soup
Really tasty soup. Easy to make. Good for using up uneaten Christmas cheese.
Simple and easy to follow. Flavour is balanced really well
Lovely soup for dinner party.