Peel and crush the garlic cloves. Peel and chop the onions. Peel and dice the potatoes. Cut up the broccoli. Toast the flaked almonds.
- 1 Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the garlic and onion, then cook over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 2 Add the potato and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir in the ground almonds, stock and broccoli, then simmer for 15-20 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- 4 Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then blend until smooth with an electric blender. Reheat gently without boiling.
- 5 Meanwhile, heat the grill to high, toast the bread on one side, then turn over and top the untoasted side with the Stilton. Return to the grill until the cheese melts.
- 6 Check and adjust the seasoning in the soup, ladle into warm bowls, then top with a cheese crouton.
- 7 Scatter over the flaked almonds to serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 354.0kCal