Cut into 12 thin wedges core and the Macintosh apple. Cut into 12 thin wedges core and the ripe Comice pears. Scrape the seeds of the vanilla pods. Cut into 8 wedges and stone the ripe plums. Crumble the fruity flapjack cookies. Chop the whole almonds. Dice the cold butter.
- 1 Heat the grill.
- 2 Toss the apple and pear with the sugar, cornflour, vanilla seeds and amaretto in a large microwaveable bowl.
- 3 Microwave on high for 3 minutes, add the plums, stir and microwave for a further 3 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, mix the crumbled cookies and almonds, then rub the butter into the mixture.
- 5 Transfer the cooked fruit to a serving dish or four individual ramekins and top with the cookie mixture.
- 6 Place under the hot grill and cook until the butter melts and the crumbled cookies are golden.
- 7 Serve with vanilla custard or cream.