Slice the mini Portobello mushroom. Quarter the baby mushrooms. Thinly slice the leeks. Crush the garlic cloves. Finely zest the lemons. Cube the Cornish brie. Defrost the puff pastry.
- 1 Toast the walnuts in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Set aside.
- 2 Return the pan to the heat and add half the oil and half the butter.
- 3 Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 8 minutes or until they are soft and golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4 Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan. Sauté the leeks and garlic until the leeks are softened.
- 5 Stir in the thyme and lemon zest. Toss, then transfer to the bowl.
- 6 Once cool, mix in the walnuts and Brie, and season.
- 7 Thinly roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 2 equal pieces per serving (eg. for 6 servings, cut into 12 equal pieces).
- 8 Beat the egg with the milk.
- 9 Brush the edges of half of the pastry pieces with the egg and divide the Brie, leek and mushroom mix among them.
- 10 Lay a second piece of pastry on top of each, seal the edges with a fork and trim with a sharp knife. Pierce a hole to allow steam to escape when cooking.
- 11 Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray, brush the parcels with the egg and chill for 30 minutes.
- 12 Heat oven to 200°C/400°F fan/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens) and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Delicious. Time consuming but worth the effort and empty plates all round!
This is delicious! It took around 2 hours which is what it said it would and everyone enjoyed it.