Slice the mini Portobello mushroom. Quarter the baby mushrooms. Thinly slice the leeks. Crush the garlic cloves. Finely zest the lemons. Cube the Cornish brie. Defrost the puff pastry.
- 1 Toast the walnuts in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Set aside.
- 2 Return the pan to the heat and add half the oil and half the butter.
- 3 Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 8 minutes or until they are soft and golden. Transfer to a bowl.
- 4 Add the remaining oil and butter to the pan. Sauté the leeks and garlic until the leeks are softened.
- 5 Stir in the thyme and lemon zest. Toss, then transfer to the bowl.
- 6 Once cool, mix in the walnuts and Brie, and season.
- 7 Thinly roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into 2 equal pieces per serving (eg. for 6 servings, cut into 12 equal pieces).
- 8 Beat the egg with the milk.
- 9 Brush the edges of half of the pastry pieces with the egg and divide the Brie, leek and mushroom mix among them.
- 10 Lay a second piece of pastry on top of each, seal the edges with a fork and trim with a sharp knife. Pierce a hole to allow steam to escape when cooking.
- 11 Transfer to a lightly greased baking tray, brush the parcels with the egg and chill for 30 minutes.
- 12 Heat oven to 200°C/400°F fan/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens) and cook for 25-30 minutes until golden.
This is delicious! It took around 2 hours which is what it said it would and everyone enjoyed it.
Delicious. Time consuming but worth the effort and empty plates all round!
Can these be frozen before cooking? If so for how long?
- Average per serving
- Calories 900.0kCal