Separate the medium free range eggs.
- 1 If using M&S 320g ready-rolled short crust pastry you will need 6 x 9cm individual tartlet tins or 1x 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin
- 2 Preheat the oven to 200’C (180’C fan) gas 6.
- 3 Spread a little chutney over the bottom of each pastry case then set aside while you prepare the filling. Cut half of the Brie into small pieces and half into slithers.
- 4 Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Gradually blend in the milk, stirring until you have a smooth thick sauce. Remove from the heat.
- 5 Beat in the egg yolks and stir in the brie pieces. Whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak, stir 1 tbsp. into the sauce to slacken it then gently fold in the remainder until well combined.
- 6 Divide the filling between the tartlet cases, top with slithers of the remaining Brie. Transfer to the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen.