Peel and cut the potatoes into 5cm cubes. Drain the cooked beetroot in natural juice. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the fish herb mix.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water and set aside once ready, but move on to the next step while you wait for the potatoes to cook.
- 3 Meanwhile, put the haddock in a frying pan with the peppercorns. Cover with cold water and place over a medium heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the flesh is opaque and cooked through.
- 4 Remove the fish with a fish slice and leave to cool. Discard the liquid and peppercorns.
- 5 Cut each beetroot into 4 wedges.
- 6 Remove any skin and bones from the cooled fish and roughly flake the flesh.
- 7 Arrange the fish, potatoes and beetroot in a shallow ovenproof dish and scatter over the garlic.
- 8 Combine the cream, mustard and herbs, and season.
- 9 Pour over the potatoes, fish and beetroot, then bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling.
- Average per serving
- Calories 493.0kCal