Finely chop the brown cap mushrooms. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Chop the fresh parsley. Defrost the ready-rolled puff pastry sheets. Beat the eggs.
For the Beef Wellington
- 1 Heat half of the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the beef, then cook over a high heat until browned on all sides then remove from the pan and leave to cool. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- 2 Heat the remaining oil in a clean frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- 3 Add the garlic and parsley, then cook for another 1 minute. Season well and set aside to cool completely.
- 4 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 5 Place one of the pastry sheets on a baking tray and top with half the mushroom mixture.
- 6 Spread the pâté over the beef and place on the pastry.
- 7 Spoon the remaining mushroom mixture over the top of the beef and press into the pâté.
- 8 Brush the edges of the pastry with a little beaten egg.
- 9 Cover the beef with the remaining pastry sheet and press the edges with a fork to seal. Neatly trim the edges and use to make decorations, if you wish.
- 10 Brush all over with beaten egg and bake for 40 minutes.
- 11 Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
For the Cranberry Port Sauce
- 12 Place all the sauce ingredients in a small pan and stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat.
And the rest...
- 13 Slice and serve the beef Wellington with the sauce and steamed green beans.
- Average per serving
- Calories 956.0kCal