Drain (about 120g drained weight) the kidney beans.
- 1 Heat grill to medium high.
- 2 Cook the sausages under the grill for 12-15 minutes, turning often until they are dark golden brown and cooked through.
- 3 Meanwhile, make the chilli.
- 4 Chop the minute steak into small, bite-sized pieces. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the steak and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until brown.
- 5 Add the chilli con carne paste and stir for 1 minute, then add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
- 6 Simmer for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- 7 Once the sausages are cooked, split the hot dog rolls.
- 8 If you prefer the rolls warm, put them under the grill for 20-30 seconds.
- 9 Spoon the chilli into the rolls and put a sausage on top.
- 10 Serve with a squeeze of mustard mayo, a few sliced jalapenos and some habanero hot sauce, if you like.
Simple to make and delicious, firm favourite