Sieve the icing sugar. Mash the ripe bananas. Roughly chop the pecans.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 19cm loaf tin.
- 2 Using an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, or a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one a time, along with the treacle and mix well.
- 3 Gently fold in 2 tbsp flour, to loosen the batter. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder, pecans and bananas.
- 4 Pour half the batter into the tin. Drizzle 40ml of the caramel sauce on top, then pour the remaining batter into the tin.
- 5 Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 6 Meanwhile, to make the icing, whisk the icing sugar with the mascarpone until smooth and creamy. Be careful not to overwork the mascarpone.
- 7 When the loaf has cooled spread the icing on top and finish with an extra drizzle of the remaining caramel sauce and the salted caramel popcorn.
- Average per serving
- Calories 457.0kCal